Tuesday, November 7th 8-11 (3rd - 8th)
speaker: malene golding
Teachers will learn and retell…
- How the writing process can be condensed to address constructed response
- Why students should be writing in response to text daily
- Why activities that teach writing should be interactive
Teachers will learn and practice…
- Highly effective teaching techniques, appropriate for all learners in all grades and especially helpful to those students who struggle with writing
- Using the Petitions Framework to create Extended Constructed Response items for student to practice
- Drafting, Revising and Editing strategies that teach students how to craft quality responses to text
- Strategies to integrate reading and writing in all classrooms daily
Limited Time Only - Register now:
- 10% discount on registration till September 30
Coupon Code: GTEC23
- Group Rates Available: CONTACT US
Special Gift for Participants:
Each attending participant will receive a free copy of Mark's book "How to Prevent Reading Difficulties"
See You There!
Short and Extended Constructed Response: Composition Strategies
Time: Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Grades 3-8, 8-11 am
Location: HCDE 6005 Westview Dr., Houston, TX 77055
Across the state, students are expected to write brief explanations and in-depth responses to demonstrate their understanding of content by explaining, analyzing, and evaluating information provided in a reading selection or stimulus. Join us for this fast-paced, writing focused training to explore composition strategies for teaching students how to properly address short and extended constructed response items on STAAR. Collaborate with colleagues as you all work together to create questions and petitions for a wide range of texts along with scoring rubrics. We go beyond RACE and RACES to get students to use the writing process to create brief and extended responses that meet the demands of assigned writing tasks.
Methods of Payment
Option 1 - Credit Card Purchases(s)
Click on the "Register Now" button for the session(s) you want to purchase. When you are finished selecting all session(s), choose the "CART" option on the left of the screen. Then, follow the instructions to complete registration. (If registering someone else, please add the participant's name(s) and email address(es) to the "Notes" field on "Check Out.").
For schools that prefer an invoice, please send request(s) to GoldingtouchEdCon@Gmail.com . Invoices must be paid by credit card at least eight (8) days in advance of the first Session.
Option 2 - Pay by Check
To pay by check, request an invoice at GoldingtouchEdCon@Gmail.com. Check(s) must be received eight (8) days before the first session begins.
Please review Terms and Conditions listed below.
Terms & Conditions
"No one gets up in front of a classroom of students intending to do a bad job. Every teacher wants students to be successful. As long as they're willing, we can help them make it happen.”